Brief Job Description:
- A Fashion Designer should have the skills and knowledge to develop fashion design briefs and manage the development of design concepts for commercial production.
- The Initial process includes conducting market research and trend analysis for the particular season and identifying a theme for the collection; then creating a mood board and color board based on the theme, develop an entire range according to the business plan and as per the theme board.
- After finalization on the range with the team, create the tech pack for each style. Work with different teams to create a prototype design based on the techpack.
- Evaluation of the sample and documentation of the same is also done by the designer.
- This job requires the individual to visualize and create the design by hand or using illustration software (Corel Draw, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.).
- A designer should be up to date with emerging fashion trends, as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes.
- He/she should also have good communication skills, good sense of aesthetics, sound knowledge of sewing and pattern making.